Sunday, January 13, 2008

Setting up the incoming and outgoing mail in out look express

Configuring Outlook Mail Account
Q:
What Is My Server Type?
I have a problem with Outlook Express. When I create an account, it asks for the type of server. I don’t know what type my server is. What should I enter?
Pawan shukla
Ans:The incoming and outgoing mail server to be specified in Outlook Express depends on the mail provider and your Internet Service Provider (ISP). While the incoming mail server depends on the mail service provider that has provided your e-mail ID, the outgoing mail server depends on your ISP. Since you have not provided your e-mail ID,I advise you to contact your ISP for your outgoing server, which is also known as POP (Post Office Protocol) server and if your e-mail provider is different from your ISP, you will have to contact that provider for the incoming server which is also known as the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server.

0 comments: